Calligraphy

An amazing way to preserve thought throughout time and communicate today's issues for all to see tomorrow. What you write today may be studied 1,000 years from now for not only its content but how you communicated it.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

steps to completion; a basic birthday card for a family member


Step1 write out the project

Step 2 draw it out on graph paper


Step 3 Drawing out the letter on graph paper, then cut it out and tack it to another piece of graph paper.  I did this so I could re arrange the wording as needed. An added bonus is the reuseable words for other projects in order to save time. I also did this with decorations on the boarders.

This is card stock we had laying around the house I almost got rid of a few months ago. It's good for practice and creating cards on till I can afford better papers/vellum.  This is the very first practice run I have ever done, it's full of mistakes but was great learning experience.  One thing I continue to struggle with is letter spacing.  Also I made the mistake of painting the main letter in first, which I realize now should always be done last. It was salvaged by finishing it out then cutting it out and adding it to the front of the Birthday card as a raised letter. 

I'll post the completed piece later this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment